Wednesday, August 17, 2011

42 Tomorrow

So, at work we have to bring our own cakes for our birthdays. I wasn't in the mood to make a cake or cupcakes this year so I tried this recipe for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Struesel Bars from the SuGood Sweets Blog. I should have just made the cupcakes because this recipe was just as much work. I stupidly didn't read the instructions first. I just bought the ingredients. So, after you put a layer of peanut butter dough on the bottom, you put a layer of dark chocolate ganache, then you are supposed to roll the leftover dough into little pea-sized balls and it's supposed to be like struesel. I just ate one and they were still a little warm. They seem kind of dry to me. I don't think making pea-sized balls is equivalent to struesel, it just makes dry balls on top of ganache. I suppose I could have watched the oven a little more and not have let them get that dark but oh well, that's what I'm bringing to work for my birthday.

I think I'm going to unfollow that blog. The author said to go to some touristy bakery in Times Square and it wasn't that good. Then I made these and they were dry...









No comments: