Monday, November 28, 2011

Veal Schnitzel & Egg Noodles With Mushrooms

First let me say that this recipe set off both smoke detectors in my apartment.  That was a first.  I guess I had both pans warming too long while I was chopping...I also just realized that I forgot to sprinkle the chopped parsley on it before I ate it.  Oh well. 

These recipes are from Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Meals 2 (2003) which I barely ever use.  I guess I don't like this book because it gives all the meals together like main dish & side dishes together on the ajoining pages.  I think this makes it really hard to find recipes for things you want.  You can use the index though.  I have another cookbook that does this and I don't use it as much.  Anyway, I'm going to try to find more recipes in it that appeal to me. 

This veal recipe was pretty good. She said to use cracker bread crumbs and that you could find them next to the regular bread crumbs or near the fish.  Well, I looked near the fish and then I looked near the bread crumbs and none of them said "cracker bread crumbs".  So, I just bought panko bread crumbs.  I don't know if that's what she meant.  The whole time I was cooking it, I was saying to myself "this better be good because I could have used this veal to make veal scallopini or veal parmesan."   It was pretty good though.  The noodles were just cooked mushrooms with shallots and butter.  They were very tasty. 


No comments: