Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beer Bread Part II
A while back I made that beer bread from Tastefully Simple.  I think the mixes were like $5 each.  So, I've been looking in the stores to see if anyone had anything similar that I don't have to order.  When I Googled "beer bread", I came up with Dassant Beer Bread on Amazon.  It was like $15 for 6 boxes, so obviously much cheaper.  I found the Dassant Web Page and they make all sorts of bread mixes and it said they sold to BigLots.  This was pretty strange to me because I thought all the stuff in BigLots was discontinued stuff.  There is a BigLots right down the street from my condo.  I went there and all they had was the apple bread mix. So, I broke down and ordered the 6 pack from Amazon.  It came this week and I made my first loaf with Budweiser.  It was pretty good.  It doesn't taste that different from the Tastefully Simple Mix. I think I'll go get some Guinness for the other loaves though.

No comments: