Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What can I do with this blog?...
Sometimes I feel like deleting my blog because it's so boring and I never update it. I need to post more often or just give up already. Tonight while I was cooking dinner, I thought that maybe if I cooked a new recipe once a week, that would give me some motivation to blog about something. I have like 50 cookbooks. Don't those de-clutter guru's say if you haven't used it in a year, get rid of it? I can't bring myself to get rid of my cookbooks either so maybe this will serve a dual purpose.

I'm actually baking something I've never baked before right now. It's a Beer Bread from Tastefully Simple. It's basically a mix that you just add 12 oz of beer or soda to the mix and that's it. I had a sample earlier in the month when I attended a fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer. I chose to use Guinness for my beer to add. The batter smelled really good. I just have to wait until it cools to see how it tastes. Technically it can't count as a recipe but at least it's something I've never done before.



...Later...I was a little worried that the Guinness wouldn't be carbonated enough but the bread is really delicious and you can definitely taste the distinct hint of stout in the bread. Now I have to bring this to work tomorrow because I can't be eating all these carbs.

Okay, let's see if I post next week.

No comments: