Sunday, June 29, 2008

ALA SATURDAY

I slept in this morning and skipped the free breakfast I signed up for.

I went to my first committee meeting and it went pretty well. I'm in charge of unwrapping the awards for the IRRT Reception. I think I can handle it, I think :)

After my meeting I went to a program about the history of the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". It was very interesting and we got free Baby Ruth candy bars. The speaker, Andy Strasberg, wrote a book about the song and there is supposed to be a new stamp coming out soon commemorating the 100th anniversary of the song.

I had a hard time finding someplace to go to lunch. This conference is too spread out. I wish they would have it in a denser populated area. All there is to eat are chain restaurants and hotel restaurants. Near the convention center there are like three restaurants and they were really crowded at lunchtime. So, I had to walk half a mile to find someplace there wasn't a huge line. Then I just went back to my room until it was time for the Emerald reception. My friend/former boss Penny took a ton of pictures of everyone while she was drinking. I think there are going to be some of me that I don't like on her flickr later. :(

I walked to through the exhibits a little before I tried to get lunch. I was feeling really really tired today so I gave up on that. I think I will feel less tired tomorrow.

No comments: