Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weekend Recap

Saturday I taxied some friends who live in New York City around doing the foliage thing. We went to Lyman Orchards in Middlefield and picked apples and then we did some leaf-peeping. It was pretty relaxing but I didn’t realize that I was tired until I got home and I went to bed at 8:30 p.m.!

Sunday, I came up to my parents’ house and just took it easy. I think we went to the mall. I bought a few things..clothes..socks, etc.

I stayed Sunday night because I had a class on preservation at the Farmington Library on Monday (today). I pretty much knew everything from the class from library school, but I guess it always helps to have a refresher. I did learn a few things. It was a weird setting because there were all these town clerks in the class and they were so not like librarians. They were so loud and kept talking over the instructor. Librarians just don’t do that. They needed the librarian action figure to shhhh them.

I’m taking tomorrow off from work…just because. I started my new job on April 14 and I had to wait six months before I was entitled to take a vacation day. So, tomorrow will be my first vacation day. I’m just going to chill..

I haven’t been reading anything. I read a little bit of the New Yorker this weekend and I played my Nintendo DS and watched my brother’s Pinky and the Brain DVD’s. I can feel my brain turning to mush as I write this.

No comments: